Bicyclists should stay to the right side of the roadway or curb to allow for faster vehicles to pass on the left. However there are exceptions:
- When traveling at the speed of traffic
- When passing other bicycles or vehicles
- When turning left
- When it’s unsafe, e.g. there’s debris or pedestrians in the road.
- When the road is too narrow for a vehicle to safely pass you
- When going straight and there’s a right turn lane.
- When on a one-way street with two or more lanes. In that case, you can ride on on the left-hand side of the road.