Bike Month is back! The City celebrates national bike month annually in May with group rides, classes, bike rodeo, and other ways to promote bike riding in Ferndale. 2017 was the first bike month and below are more details for 2019's activities!
- Group Bike Rides - This year's leisurely group rides will take place on 4 occasions (weather permitting) and take a leisurely pace within Ferndale and surrounding communities. Rides are at a family friendly pace and typically last 75-90 minutes (10-13 miles). Bike rides will take place on May 4, 8, 22, and 29 and begin at 7:00pm leaving from the Downtown Ferndale Bike Shop (W. Troy side). Official route maps will be posted the day of the ride. RSVP at this link.
- Health and Fitness Group Bike Ride with The Fit Park - Another leisurely bike ride on Saturday, May 11th between communities will incorporate mini-workouts with trainers from Ferndale's own The Fit Park. This 75-90 minute event will leave from TheFit Park (911 W. Nine Mile) at 10:30am. RSVP at this link.
- Downtown Bike Rodeo - Ferndale Parks and Recreation, the Ferndale DDA, and City of Ferndale team up for the fourth year to bring you the Downtown Bike Rodeo. The family friendly event will take place on Thursday, May 16th at Schiffer Park (9 Mile & Planavon) from 4pm to 8pm. More details and a RSVP at this link.
- Detroit Bike To Work Day - Join community members across the region on Friday, May 17th for Detroit Bike To Work Day. Ferndale residents can meet other riders at W. Troy and Woodward to join the caravan on the trek to Downtown Detroit. Register for FREE at this link.
- Bike Repair Basics Class - Join your friendly, local bike shop team at Downtown Ferndale Bike Shop on Saturday, May 18th from 4:30pm-5:30pm and learn the basics of bicycle repair. Bring your bike and a willingness to learn the essentials of tires, wheels, and brakes, as well as how to change a flat! RSVP at this link.
Have any questions regarding Bike Month? Email email@example.com.